Tuesday 8 December 2009

Still got the looks

Now I am home after 3 weeks of IV antibiotics, and being kept under control by four hourly doses of Morphine designed to prevent me running around the hospital ward with pencils up my nostrils, I can tell you that it wasn't all fun. My problem is that I can't really remember if things happened or not over the first two weeks. I do remember that my vicar, William, appearing at my bedside and telling me wonderful news about Rosanna Connelly, how her aggressive leukaemia has miraculously disappeared. For a 16 year old girl to have been struck down with this was awful, and it is such a positive thing to happen that I confess I did shed a few tears over this wonderful news. William can come round any time he has news like that, but not if he is just going to talk about his latest sermon, now that I have Morphine I know how to deal with it.
I was dosed up that week so have had to check with Gabriella if it was correct, and it was.

I am pretty sure that one quiet Sunday afternoon a male doctor came in to see me, pulled the curtains and declared that I "looked a million dollars". Well, I didn't know what he meant by this so I told Melanie and she suggested he might be gay, and I was looking particularly windswept that afternoon. They could have done all sorts to me in hospital and I wouldn't have had a clue. Did it really happen, probably not, but it is nice to think you can still be attractive even when you are virtually a junkie.
I'm off back to the syringe now, hope this wasn't too long for those of you with very short attention spans; Roger and Karen, we know who you are.
( Blogs are meant to be read one at a time, not the previous 3 months all in one hit)

2 comments:

  1. Bas, welcome home; let me know when you are up for some company. I am not sure you are that good looking, it was probably the drugs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since when have I been William??

    ReplyDelete